Services Overview - CNSST Foundation
CNSST Foundation Social Work and Counselling Team provides professional and confidential social services to clients of Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other Asian ethnicity or family background who are residing in the greater Auckland region.
Team has registered and experienced social workers and counsellors who offer a wide range of social work and counselling services to meet the needs of the community we serve.
- Social Work Support: helping individual Asian migrants and their families who have encountered difficulties in daily life to overcome the challenges of living in a new country and to settle successfully.
- Family Centred Services: supporting individual Asian migrants and their families who have experienced or caused family violence and want help to make positive changes to their lives.
- Counselling: provides up to 6 free counselling sessions delivered by registered counsellors for individuals or families in crisis.
- CWWFV: counselling for children who witness family violence to help them understand and deal with family violence and its effects on them and the family.
- Healthy Babies and Healthy Futures: improving the health of pregnant mothers, babies and toddlers by providing the latest health information, educational activities and access to services that encourage better nutrition and more physical activity.
- Whānau Resilience: The aim of Whānau Resilience is to create strong, resilient communities where whānau are supported to live violence free and to eliminate violence for the next generation.
- Safety Services: provides free, confidential and immediate assistance to victims of family violence.
- Parenting: individual parenting support or parenting educational seminar for parents to learn positive/effective parenting skills and grow together with your children.
- Training social work students and volunteers